Attention Oakwood Preschool families: we have received official “Guidance to Child Care Providers” from the Child Care Licensing authority as to how we are to operate in response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Based on state law, federal guidance, and Governor Abbott’s disaster declaration, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is updating requirements for daycare operations to assist in protecting children in their care from COVID-19 (aka: coronavirus).
HHSC Child Care Licensing (CCL) urges all current providers to immediately implement the following guidance, which is consistent with the new requirements.
We understand that these changes could be challenging for everyone. And, we are operating on faith not fear. We will do the best we can to make this as smooth and loving as possible for the children. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. We are learning as we go! Please don’t hesitate to talk to Mrs. Larissa Jenkins (oakwood preschool director) if you have any questions: 806-792-1220.
Effective immediately, Oakwood Preschool (“the operation”) will do the following:
– Prohibit anyone, except the following, from accessing our preschool program (Oakwood Preschool staff, persons with legal authority to enter, professionals providing services to children, children enrolled in the center, and parents who have children enrolled and present)
– Before allowing entry into Oakwood Preschool, EVERYONE will receive a health screening, that includes taking the temperature of each person. We will DENY ENTRY of anyone who meets any of the following criteria:
– A temperature of 100.4* or higher
– Signs our symptoms of a respiratory infection, such a cough, shortness of breath, sore
throat, and low-grade fever;
– In the previous 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of
COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory; or
– In the previous 14 days has traveled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained
– REQUIRE PICK UP AND DROP OFF OF CHILDREN OUTSIDE OF THE OPERATION (Oakwood Preschool), unless we determined that there is a legitimate need for the parent to enter the operation.
– Ensure that each child is provided with individual meals and snacks. Do not serve family-style meals.
Direct any questions to Preschool office: 806-792-1220