Gideons International Presentation at Oakwood UMC, Lubbock Texas.
Don Ingram, a local representative of Gideons International, spoke in both our services this Sunday. Very friendly man. His very moving presentation about the history and current work of the Gideons left some watery eyes in the crowd (myself included).
Do you remember the Gideons? They place Bibles in hotel rooms. Outside of home and church, it may well be one of the first places you saw a Bible. In the video attached to this article, there is a testimony of a former atheist woman where she explains how a Gideons Bible changed her whole family for the better.
In the video, Carrie Christie explains that when she was a teenager she took a Gideon Bible from a hotel room. At that time, she kinda felt like taking the Bible from the room was like stealing. How many of you have ever thought that before? When I was a kid, I actually thought taking the Bibles was stealing, too. By the way, the Gideons want you to take the Bible. That’s the whole purpose. If you need it, then it’s yours to receive.
Also in the video, Pastor Rob shares his testimony about how a Gideons Bible once made a positive change for one of his family members, also.
Did you know that the Gideons give out 1,000,000 Bibles every four days?
Find the Gideons locally at:
Address: 1414 Avenue L, Lubbock, TX 79401
Phone: (806) 744-6089
And, come see us at Oakwood United Methodist Church, Lubbock Texas (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412).
– Did you know that Oakwood has the longest continually operating preschool in Lubbock, Texas? http://oakwoodmethodist.org/preschool/
– Oakwood United Methodist Preschool, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])
– Follow the Preschool on Instagram
– Sunday Church Service @ 10:30am.
– Our Church Sunday Schools are now opened back up (come study @ 9:15am).
– We re-opened our Thursday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) Hour of Power @ 6:30am.
– Live (Sunday Church Service) on Facebook Live