Oakwood UMC would like to thank Boy Scouts Troop 157 for cooking and serving the meal at our Wednesday night fellowship last night.
Boy Scout troop 157, with a servant mindset, wait until everyone is served, then serve themselves. This is a great, polite group of kids. Also, we’re proud to have Troop 157 use our Chaffin Gym facilities at Oakwood UMC every week. Troop 157 is officially sponsored by Lubbock Lions Club.
The leader of Boy Scouts Troop 157 shared about the current state of the troop (annually, the troop puts in about 1800 man hours of service). Their troop leader said their order of service is God, family, country.
Afterward, Pastor Rob shared about the many, many ministries going on at Oakwood UMC.
Watch the videos included to see the scouts in action.
Did you miss a service? Watch it here online [Youtube Channel link]. A service archive for our home-bound members or anyone who wants to watch our services and activities online for Oakwood United Methodist Church, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])
– Did you know that Oakwood has the longest continually operating preschool in Lubbock, Texas? http://oakwoodmethodist.org/preschool/
– Oakwood United Methodist Preschool, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])
– Follow the Preschool on Instagram
– Sunday Church Service @ 10:30am.
– Our Church Sunday Schools are now opened back up (come study @ 9:15am).
– We re-opened our Thursday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) Hour of Power @ 6:30am.
– Live (Sunday Church Service) on Facebook Live