Helping hands still needed in Anton, Texas.
The following is from Charlie Brown our Disaster Coordinator.
Hello, all, this is Charlie Brown requesting your help in forming and organizing teams to help in rebuilding projects in Anton, TX. As a reminder, last July, a severe wind/hail/rain event over 3 consecutive nights hit the small town of Anton, TX (about 25 miles NW on U.S. 84) resulting in lots of damage.
With the improving weather, the South Plains VOAD group (of which we are a part) is seeking teams of people to help with the tasks at hand. Please look at the summary that follows to see if you can help this segment of the population (these are U.S. Veterans) on a Saturday or convenient date and report back to me:
Attach is the Detailed Cost Estimate for veterans Richard Hanna, George Bradley and Isabel Alvarado for assistance through the Home Depot. Please provide this info at the VOAD meeting.
- Richard Hanna only needs the windows, exterior painting and some roofing for the shed. Need someone to present to Home Depot.
- Isabel Alvarado was assisted with the roof replacement by VOAD Funds and attach is the cost estimate for windows from Home Depot. Need someone to present to Home Depot.
- George Bradley will get assistance through HOME DEPOT as per our last VOAD meeting. Need someone to present to Home Depot.
- Haven’t ordered 4 windows for Jose Amalla. (Estimate $400.00 for all four)
- Johnny Hodges. Windows at City Hall and haven’t ordered shingles due to waiting on brother Greg to confirm when they need material. Question arose if Mr. Hodges is going to return home after roof is fixed because whose going to benefit from it?
- Joyce Stewart is on hold due to VOAD meeting due to Ms. Stewart not residing at residence.
- Isabel Alvarado roofing replacement is in process and the windows, painting and carpet will be purchase by HOME DEPOT. A see attach detail cost estimate.
- Lori Burt needs help installing the windows. Question arose if we could pay a contractor to just replace the glass do to aluminum windows being good. Use windows elsewhere if do.
- Luis Ramos needs help installing the windows. Question arose if we could pay a contractor to just replace the glass do to aluminum windows being good. Use windows elsewhere if do.
- Richard Hanna only needs windows (exterior painting too). Windows to be donated through HOME DEPOT? Detail cost estimate attached.
- George Bradley will be assisted through some other areas due to major cost and work at home.
Henry Tarango, NCRT
Community Services and Housing Director
South Plains Community Action Association
P.O. Box 610
Levelland, TX 79336
Office (806) 894-6104
I would like to have teams ready to go by April 1st, or sooner if you can form. Just look at doing only one of these projects and RESPOND TO ME for coordination with the project managers.
– Did you know that Oakwood has the longest continually operating preschool in Lubbock, Texas? http://oakwoodmethodist.org/preschool/
– Oakwood United Methodist Preschool, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])
– Follow the Preschool on Instagram
– Sunday Church Service @ 10:30am.
– Our Church Sunday Schools are now opened back up (come study @ 9:15am).
– We re-opened our Thursday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) Hour of Power @ 6:30am.
– Live (Sunday Church Service) on Facebook Live