Here’s a teaser preview video of what to expect for Vacation Bible School at Oakwood UMC (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link]). A meal will be served at 6pm each evening. 4 days of class, and Friday night is family night. (Our Oakwood UMC regularly-scheduled Wednesday night meal will be moved to Friday to accommodate this Friday Family Night meal.) – For Ages: 4 years old – 5th grade. June 25-29 @ 6pm-8:30pm.
(See VBS 2018 details here)
Please contact Miranda Slover (806) 632-1563 for registration and volunteers. This year’s theme is Camp E.D.G.E. Join us for an extreme adventure into God’s word.
Why choose Oakwood UMC for Vacation Bible School?
For your peace of mind, Miranda Slover (VBS leader) is a teacher at Lubbock ISD, so the kids are in good hands. We have a state-accredited preschool and daycare at our church. Our preschool has been in operation for 55 years. Our staff knows how to teach and care for children.
Don’t Forget: VBS 2018 Wrap-Up Pool Party
Oakwood UMC invites you to a Summer Pool Party. When: Sunday, July 1st, 2018 @ 2pm – 5pm. Where: The Swimming Hole @ 3802 Chicago Ave, Lubbock, Texas (Google Maps link). Join us for a splashing good time!
- Concessions can be purchased or you can bring your own food/drink (no glass)
- Chairs/picnic tables available or feel free to bring your own chair
- Don’t forget sunscreen, towels and floaties/life jackets if needed
- You are welcome to drop-off your kids, and pick-up @ 5pm – there will be adult supervision
– Did you know that Oakwood has the longest continually operating preschool in Lubbock, Texas? http://oakwoodmethodist.org/preschool/
– Oakwood United Methodist Preschool, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])
– Follow the Preschool on Instagram
– Sunday Church Service @ 10:30am.
– Our Church Sunday Schools are now opened back up (come study @ 9:15am).
– We re-opened our Thursday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) Hour of Power @ 6:30am.
– Live (Sunday Church Service) on Facebook Live