“‘Tis the season”, they say. And, we have a Reverse Advent Calendar thanks to Kim Lindley and PassionatePennyPincher.com .
Do you need some fresh ideas for this season of giving? We can give to the needy and those in need; see the Advent donation ideas below:
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 6:3-4 (NIV)
-> Each day, add an item from the list below to a box. On Christmas Eve, donate the contents of that box to a food bank. Or, place in the Blessing Box, outside on the East end of the Oakwood United Methodist Church building complex.
– December 1st – box of cereal
– December 2nd – peanut butter
– December 3rd – stuffing mix
– December 4th – boxed potatoes
– December 5th – macaroni and cheese
– December 6th – canned fruit
– December 7th – canned tomatoes
– December 8th – canned tuna
– December 9th – dessert mix
– December 10th – jar of applesauce
– December 11th – canned sweet potatoes
– December 12th – cranberry sauce
– December 13th – canned beans
– December 14th – box of crackers
– December 15th – package of rice
– December 16th – package of oatmeal
– December 17th – package of pasta
– December 18th – spaghetti sauce
– December 19th – chicken noodle soup
– December 20th – tomato soup
– December 21st – can corn
– December 22nd – can mixed vegetables
– December 23rd – can carrots
– December 24th – can green beans
Come be a part of one of our 40+ ministries (Preschool, Elevate Students, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Basketball, etc.).
– Did you know that we have the longest continually operating preschool in Lubbock, Texas? http://oakwoodmethodist.org/preschool/
– Did you miss a service? Watch it here online [Youtube Channel link]. A service archive for our home-bound members or anyone who wants to watch our services and activities online for Oakwood United Methodist Church, Lubbock Texas. (2215 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79412 [Google Maps link])